Thursday, February 07, 2008

Mardi Gras!



I know this is my third post tonight but I'm trying to catch up. Rhett took the laptop to Peru so I've had to go back to using our older desktop. I'm frankly spoiled with the new technology and haven't wanted to deal with a computer that is "so 4 years ago" but I decided that I would suck it up for all of you faithful blog readers!
One great thing about Birmingham is that just about everyone celebrates Mardi Gras here. Back in Georgia years would go by without be even thinking about it or I thought it was just a wild New Orleans thing. I guess since Alabama is a gulf state there are a lot of big ole parties celebrated here which I think is really fun and cool. I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't even know what a King Cake was until 2 years ago. Claire has had King Cake three times this week. She walked around chanting "Mardi Gras, Mardi Gras!" for several days. We went to a Super Bowl/ Mardi Gras party (King Cake #1), they had King Cake (#2) as a snack in Spanish class - talk about cultural diversity!, and the made masks and had cake #3 at Busy Bees. We even caught a little bit of a parade and got some beads. Whew! What a fun and sugary week!
All my friends seem to be putting potty pictures on their blogs so I thought I'd join the bunch. (Don't adjust your monitor - our bathroom really is pink and yellow!) Claire looks like she is catching on to the basics of going to the potty for girls - always take your friends and your purse(s)!!

No comments: