Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My favorite moments this week . . .

My first favorite moment this week was hearing a very strong healthy heartbeat at my Doctor's appointment on Monday. Even though I'm throwing up everywhere and my tummy is already growing that moment of waiting to find that little heartbeat is gut wrenching. But, praise God, Little Baby was healthy and that little heart was just a beating!
My second favorite moment this week was when Claire and I were grabbing a quick shower and I looked down to find her on her knees, hands clasped and head bowed saying, "Dear Jesus, thank you for this shower. I love you Jesus. Amen." First of all, I was happy to see her praying all on her own and secondly, I was happy that she was expressing thanks for something that most people take for granted. Then I started thinking about it and kind of chuckled because I thought she doesn't know how thankful she should be for this warm, never-ending shower because very soon this will not be something that we enjoy every day. I kind of filed that away as something I wanted to blog about so I could remember that glimpse into her sweet thankful spirit. Then . . .

The next day I was checking a blog that I read of someone who lives in one of the places that is on our short list of places to move next year. I started reading how they are experiencing an extreme water shortage. Some parts of the compound were completely out of water and others had crucial levels available. There were strict restriction in place regarding water usage one of them being 2 minute limits on showers (when you HAVE to take one that is). I thought that it was "interesting" that Claire was on her knees thanking Jesus for our shower when the people we may call friends in a place we may call home are dealing with this problem right now. Another one of the ways our life will change in a short time . . . I have to admit I linger a little longer in the shower (when I can) just knowing that this luxury is fading!

No comments: