Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The next time you are at the Pediatrician's office . . .

remember this.

This is a pediatric ward at a hospital in Ghana. All the people in the middle didn't get admitted in time to get a bed. Can you imagine being here with your sick baby? It makes me so thankful for our health care system in spite of all of the problems associated with it. So maybe the next time I have to wait for 45 minutes in an air conditioned waiting room while I read a magazine and my kids play with toys I will think of these Moms and realize that it's not that bad. I wish I could carry a picture of this around the hospital with me and share it with certain parents who are overly concerned with the firmness of the bed they are provided or the channels on the television in their child's room.

1 comment:

Josiah said...

Hi Megan,
I am super-glad you posted on our site. You probably don't remember, but I brought you a meal through JCRMA when Ford was born. I haven't seen you since until the other day. Last week, I was dropping my son Josiah off at the Brook Hills nursery so I could go to the Rock the Block meeting. I saw Claire and thought she looked familiar, and then I saw you writing Ford's name on the board, but I didn't put it all together until I was upstairs. Then I saw you in the meeting and I was so excited that you were a believer and that you go to Brook Hills and that you were doing Rock the Block. But you were across the room, so I couldn't say hi.

I read through the last few months of your blog. Love your background by the way. Anyways, I am in the same boat with you about David Platt and Brook Hills. We love it there and love their mission. Rock the Block totally encompasses that. Are you going to be a host home or a teacher? I'm a teacher, but I'm pretty nervous. It's a big job and right now I only see three people on my team. God's definitely going to stretch me!

I also saw you're going to Peru for medical missions. Wow! What group are you going with? My husband just got accepted to go to East Asia through the IMB for a preceptorship in October. I'm planning to go visit for part of it.

Anyways, it's funny that after my blog post about stalkers, I end up writing this post! It would have been a better email, but I couldn't find a way to email. My email is lauraleigh814@gmail.com in case you would like it :)