Sunday, September 09, 2007

First Day of School

It's school time again! Claire started back to Mother's Day out on Friday. She is a big girl in the Toddler class this year! We actually switched schools this year but Claire hardly noticed. She loves going to play and acts like such a big girl. Our new school has a carpool line (huge bonus points since I'm about to have another baby and I won't have to get him out of the car to drop her off/pick up). Claire is usually a champ when we leave her - she has never (knock on wood) really gotten upset when we have left her anywhere - now a days I get a big "Bye Mommy!" and off she goes. I was a little worried that a stranger ripping her out of her car seat and whisking her away to a new school might be a little frightening though. I prepared her as we sat in line and waited our turn in the carpool line. I told her that her teacher would open the door and I would say "bye Claire" and she would say "bye Mommy" and she would go to school. And, well, that's exactly what happened. I was very proud of her for being so brave and was relieved that it was an easy experience for everyone. Carpool line rocks!
I'm 35 weeks pregnant now which some might call the home stretch. I am very big and very uncomfortable and ready to meet my baby. So if that qualifies as the home stretch then I'm in it. I love feeling him move around so much and it is so much fun to think about what he might look like. It crazy to think that I probably have a 6 lb baby in there. At least someone else besides me is packing on the pounds these days! Claire came about 9 days early so I am not mentally prepared to get anywhere near my due date. I'm hoping he follows suit and shows up a little bit early. I'll start drinking my raspberry tea next week :) I'm having lots of lovely Braxton-Hicks contractions like I did the first time. I'm relieved that my body seems to at least remember what to do and is preparing to do it again. In the mean time we are getting two rooms ready and trying to get everything else in order before Ford arrives. We are just about done with Claire's big girl room and hope to have her in it by next week. I'll post pictures of both rooms when we are finished. Everything was kind of on hold until Rhett took his Internal Medicine Boards on 8/30 but now that is behind us and we are able to resume a somewhat normal life and actually act like we are having another child in a few weeks!

No comments: