Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Princess for a Day (or two!)



Claire's first birthday in Kijabe was a huge success! She has been planning her party for the last 6 months so I was so glad that I could come through for her. She requested pink cupcakes with pink frosting, pizza and princesses. It was a princess-fest! She was so excited and had a great party!


This was my best cupcake effort. Someone very nicely brought me a white cake mix from the States that I colored pink but only read after they were in the oven that anyone over 3,000 feet (we are at 7,500ft) should had flour to the mix. Ooops. They were a little crumbly but didn't fall flat so that was good. The frosting was another thing all together. Did you know you can make frosting from butter, cream and sugar and a pinch of a few other things? Sure can! Who knew? Another culinary hurdle crossed!



Thanks to my sweet sister-in-law for providing this precious festive banner (one for each kid too!). Claire was so excited when she woke up and saw this declaring today was the day for her party!


We had a gaggle of little princesses here. Lots of new friends from lower station. I was so thankful that we had made friends to invite to her party. They enjoyed making princess bracelets with colored pasta, playing pin the princess on the castle, eating princess pizza and princess cupcakes in honor of Princess Claire.



I still can't believe it's been four years since we welcomed this precious little one into our lives. Each day is brighter because of her. She is such a blessing and encouragement to me. I can't imagine a more thoughtful, kind, loving and fun little girl. I've been telling her for a month that she wasn't allowed to turn 4 that she had to stay 3. I just loved 3 so much. She crossed the line between toddler and little girl and now there is now looking back.



Here are the princesses (and a tired Prince) after the party. She's already planning her party next year! Five?? Oh, my.

1 comment:

GMoney said...

It was nice to see that Claire got to have her princess party! There was Amelia in the pictures too. I think Meredith was behind someone. We are enjoying your blog. I so enjoyed visiting with you. The life of missionaries is fascinating. We gave our presentation of our time in Kijabe at church on Sunday. It was good to reflect on our month there. I am now in Denver for another princess birthday party - my granddaughter Anna is turning five. You are in our prayers.
Warmly,
Madelle Friess Malin's mother