Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rhett and Claire at the beach

While I was busy with Tablescapes this weekend Claire and Rhett headed down to Seagrove to hang out with Uncle Bobby and cousin Mac. That's right - no Mommies! They all had a great time. It was the first time except for when I was in the hospital to have Ford that she and I have been apart. I cried when she left but I ended up really enjoying my alone time with Ford. I realized that he and I hadn't been alone since the hospital either! It was lovely not to have to clean up toys or other messes all weekend!
If you remember from last summer Claire is not a big fan of the beach. She isn't crazy about the sand. I asked her what she did at the beach and she told me she got her feet dirty in the sandbox! She also told me she ate cookies, ice cream and french fries. Hmmm. She does like floating in the water but it was a bit chilly and rough so she couldn't really do that. It was quick trip with them arriving around midnight on Friday and coming home Sunday afternoon but they had a lot of fun together. Rhett said that Claire and Mac had fun together too. I'm glad they are at an age where they can play together.
So the next question is - when does Mommy get to go to the beach?? We are getting ready to go visit a mouse in Florida soon so hopefully I'll get some sunshine then even if there isn't a beach!

No comments: