Saturday, March 24, 2007

Big Sister!

It's true - Claire is going to be a big sister! We are happy to announce that we are expecting another baby October 15! It's hard to believe that Claire won't be the baby anymore and it's crazy to imagine another little Shirley! We are so excited and ready to see our family grow a little more.
This is how I broke the news to Rhett- we were getting ready to go visit a friend in the hospital when I put Claire's "Big Sister" shirt on her and sent her into the bathroom where Daddy was brushing his teeth. He turned around and saw her and said "Hey Big Sister! Who's big sister are you?" Then he realized what was going on and nearly choked and said "What? Really??". It was fun! We were happy that we could tell both of our families together at a family celebration recently. Once again, Claire donned her Big Sister shirt and wondered into the living room at Rhett's parent's house (picture above) needless to say there was a big ruckus and let's just say some people caught on sooner than others! Please pray for us and the baby as we await his or her arrival. The number one question I'm asked these days is "are you as sick as you were with Claire?" and thankfully the answer is no! No don't get me wrong I have spent my share of time laying on the bathroom floor between getting "baby sick" this time but it's no where near as severe as it was with Claire. It may sound strange but I'll find my self worrying if I don't feel particularly bad since that was my constant reassurance with C that everything was OK. But just about the time I start to worry a huge wave of nausea takes over and I feel better :)

No comments: